Everyone, here on earth, wants to be blessed. But many think that, if they have enough to eat, to drink, to wear and to enjoy, they are blessed. Just yesterday someone remarked, what use, if you have a golden bed, but can’t get good sleep? Yes my dear brothers and sisters, blessings come from above, I mean from God. we read in the letter of James “Every generous act of giving, with every perfect gift, is from above, coming down from the father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change” (James. 1:17). When do we receive blessings? We read in the book of Deuteronomy “If you will only obey the Lord your God, by deligently observing all his commandments, that I am commanding you today, the Lord your God will set you on high above all the nations of the earth and blessings will come upon you and will overtake you and the following blessings will come upon you.” (Deut. 28:102)
- Blessed shall you be in the city and blessed shall you be in the field.
- Blessed shall be the fruit of your womb, the fruit of your ground, the fruit of your livestock.
- Blessed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.
- Blessed shall you be, when you come in, and when you go out.
- Your enemies shall flee before you, seven ways.
- God will bless your barns and all that you undertake.
- God will bless the land, that he has given to you.
- He will establish you, as his holy people.
- People of the earth will see you being called by name, and they shall be afraid of you.
- The Lord will make you prosperous in everything.
- God will open his rich store house for you and will give rain on time.
- You will lend to many and will not borrow from any.
- The Lord will make you the head and not the tail.
- You shall be always on the top and will not come to the bottom.
Yes! Brothers and sisters, if we accept God’s ways all these blessings will come upon you. And that is why, the Lord God tells in the book of Joshua “This book of the law, shall not depart from your mouth you shall meditate on it day and night, so that, you may be careful to act in accordance with all that is written in it. For then you shall make your ways prosperous, and then you shall be successful” (Joshua. 1:8). Amen.